Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Root v. American Equity Specialty Ins. Co. (Cal. Ct. App. - June 28, 2005)

Want to see the type of enlighted, well-written, equitable, and incredibly reasonable opinion that I wish were the norm rather than the exception? Here it is.

It's an insurance case, but don't let that stop you. It's a very, very good opinion by Justice Sills. I wish that I could write half as well as he does here.

P.S. - This is the third time I've been very favorably impressed by an opinion by Justice Sills; my comments about two of his other opinions are here and here. Indeed, I don't recall ever strongly disagreeing with one of his published opinions.

Which just proves that you can indeed be a lifelong politican -- Justice Sills was a former member of the Republican State Central Committee and Mayor of Irvine -- and still be an excellent Justice. Who knew?!