Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Eight Unnamed Physicians v. Medical Exec. Comm. (Cal. Ct. App. - May 22, 2007)

I got a late start reading opinions today. Sometimes the fact that I have a real job (okay, make that "real job") gets in the way, sadly.

But even the first, tiny little amended opinion I read today made me smile. For example, when Justice Marchiano says: "The first full sentence on page 13 is modified to read: Moreover, cost conscious, creative lawyers with today’s technology and law firm resources should be able to economize in a manner that does not jeopardize an adequate defense." All I could think of was that this sentence would be equally valid were it to read: "Moreover, creative lawyers with today's technology and law firm resources should easily be able to pad their bills in a manner that does not substantially advance the defense."