Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Rodriguez v. American Technologies (Cal. Ct. App. - Feb. 16, 2006)

Ah, the exciting world of the Federal Arbitration Act. A topic that is especially enthralling when it involves difficult choice of law issues and their relationship to whether or not a particular action should be stayed. I -- and I'm sure everyone else in the universe -- am trembling with anticipation at discovering how these tough procedural issues get resolved.

I'll not spoil the surprise, and will allow everyone to read Justice Ikola's opinion in its entirety to discover why he reverses the order denying the motion to compel arbitration and stay judicial proceedings. How exciting!

P.S. - Sarcasm aside, I was sincerely excited to see that Eve Brackmann, a former student of mine, was on the winning side of this appeal. Great job, Eve. I told you that Civil Procedure would eventually come in handy!