Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Dhawan v. Biring (Cal. Ct. App. - Oct. 28, 2015)

This is why (except in personal injury actions) you ask for a specific amount of damages in your complaint.  Because if you don't, and even if you later serve a statement of damages, the default judgment that you will obtain will be void.  And can be vacated.

Even seven years later.