Friday, January 22, 2016

Stanger v. China Electric Motor (9th Cir. - Jan. 15, 2016)

My job's hard sometimes.  Well, not "hard".  And not really my "job" either.  But sometimes I simply don't have anything good to write about.  Or anything at all.

Like today.  No published opinions from the Ninth Circuit today.  And then, in the California Court of Appeal, something I've never seen before:  a "server problem" that's prevented the opinions from being posted.

Whatchagonnado.

So I guess I'll have to reach back to Friday.  To a Ninth Circuit opinion holding that Judge Real didn't adequately explain his decision?

I'm shocked.  Absolutely shocked.  Who'd have thunk?!  (Answer:  Everyone.)

Note also that it only took the Ninth Circuit 35 days after the scheduled oral argument -- which it didn't need (or have) -- to write the opinion.

Some reversals ain't hard.