Friday, November 06, 2009

Credit Suisse First Boston v. Danning, Gill, Diamond & Kollitz (Cal. Ct. App. - Nov. 3, 2009)

There are few areas of the law about which I know so strikingly little that I can't tell you in the slightest whether an opinion is totally wrong or totally right. But this is one of those areas.

Judgment debtor statutes, ORAP liens, etc. It's all Greek to me.

But I can say one thing. The opinion by Justice Flier totally sounds right. Even though it might as well be in a foreign language, the writing is so clear and concise that I feel like what she's saying is correct even as I am forced to admit that from sentence to sentence I'm not even sure what she's saying -- and hence, definitionally, shouldn't be able to form an opinion one way or another about whether what she's said is right or not.

That's pretty darn impressive. Good job, Justice Flier.