Monday, September 08, 2008

Center for Biological Diversity v. California Fish & Game Comm'n (Cal. Ct. App. - Sept. 2, 2008)

It's been a lazy Monday thus far. Nothing from the Court of Appeal (or the California Supreme Court, though that's no surprise), and only one published opinion from the Ninth Circuit (on a fairly routine asylum case).

So I thought I'd just quote a memorable line from one of last week's published opinions:

"The information in the administrative record shows the [tiger] salamander species does not breed prolifically, is vulnerable to several significant threats, has lost most of its original habitat, and has been displaced by a hybrid from a significant portion of its range."


And then tell you my reaction. Which was that same words could easily have described me during college.

I'll be teaching Week Two of my "Law of Love" class in 90 minutes, so we'll see what (if anything) comes out of the Court of Appeal this afternoon. Hopefully something juicy.